new hampshire spring chat thread

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by 1Chick Magnet, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I would like to thank everybody for all the fun I have had this year at swaps. I have learned alot and have many beautiful birds because of you all.
    to the best of my knowledge there are 3 events left this season in NH.
    I would like a place to talk about these events in a positive manner.
    If ANYONE is not positive and complementrary( be it a new egg with 1 post or a seasoned veteran byc poster) I will close this thread.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    To all the people I have gotten birds from:
    If I got a bird from you this season it probably bears your name. We have alot of members with very pretty names so I decided to use them. Here is a list of some of my kids, I will probably forget some and have not named them all yet. see if you can guess who I got them from. How well do you know everyone?

speckled sussex- Sheree
    belgian antwerp- Wendy
    ee- Austin
    ee- Brandy
    frizzled polish- Lady Heather
    millie d'uccle roo- Wayne
    white d'uccle hen- Darbella
    belgian antwerp- Laura
    ee mix- Firedove
    red frizzle- rosebud
    white frizzle- lisa
    partridge silkie- Jen
    japanese cross- Shannon
    splash cochin mix- Cheryll
    mottled d'uccle- Tammie

I have a couple of new ones on the way, I think one will be Cindy and 1 will have to be Taxi.
    oh and Cheryll,tell the hubby that I plan to name one of the Girls (I am out of boys) Dawnie.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  3. NHshanahan

NHshanahan Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2009
    To all which do the swaps, I've had alot of fun at the ones I attended.

I've attended 3 of them, one during the summer in Keene area, that was in poor weather and no-one fell in love with any rabbit I brought. I went home with 4 more than I brought, which was not exactally what I was expecting.

At the last 2 I attended I brought 20 rabbits at each swap and sold 2 at each. Again not exactally what I expected to happen, but gained alot of new freinds and found out how the swaps work. I found this site and can look forward to the swaps in the spring.

I just wanted everyone to know how I find the new freindships and entertainment through Backyard chicken.

Will be waiting for spring to join everyone at the swaps again.
    Neva

4. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Neva, you have some really beautiful bunnies. I still can not get over how blue the eyes are. If I ever decide I want bunnies you bet you are the one I will be looking for. Would you mind if I named one of my chicks after you? I really like your name. I have never heard it before.

5. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    The swaps have been a lot of fun and hope next spring we can do some more on my side of town. I love talking chicken with you all [​IMG]

6. darbella

darbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh That Wayne...he is a handsome rooster isn't he!!! LOL...Hey, don't you have need a rooster named Greg???

7. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:hi siz, at the last Chichester swap someone told me your online name. now I can put name and face together which is great! I hope there are swaps next spring closer to you. It is so much easier when there is no long drive. you get to sleep longer! perhaps with 2 people organizing swaps plus new tractor supply stores opening, there will be some a little closer to home for you.
    by the way, early in the season I swapped some eggs with you. I had a good hatch. I got 3 neked necks. I did not know that was a possibility. I was beyond excited!!! I kept one for myself. she is red with a small head crest. she looks like a halloween character so I named her Oc-to-bria. thanks for the swap!

8. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh That Wayne...he is a handsome rooster isn't he!!! LOL...Hey, don't you have need a rooster named Greg???

Wayne is a handsome little devil. he is such a peanut and so friendly! he is high on my pecking order. He followes me around everywhere. he always has something to say,even when he mouth is full. kind of walks around behind me grumbling like he is telling me how to do things. Did I give him the correct name?
    I already have a big rooster named Greg. There is a one per household limit. I am all set thankyou very much. [​IMG]

9. NHshanahan

NHshanahan Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2009
    I'd be honored to have a chicken named after me, even though I do not raise chickens.

The blue eyed bunny is named NIOBE. Meaning bright blue in Africian.
    Thought it was fitting.

I look for odd names all over the world and use them whenever it fits with the bunnies.

Neva

10. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:but you do have a bunny named after you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by