New hen due to one hen being broody

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jenns anipals, Mar 18, 2017.

1. jenns anipals

jenns anipals Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2016
    San deigo
    Frist off sry ( not sure where to postthis) and for my spelling erros my frizzlevhas to be broody) stoped laying(tops 8 months old) the guy at the feed store sold my hubby a three month old road islands red and i got two chick and tryed putting the broody frizzlen hen with them but she wanted nothing to do with with them.... they are buff orpington they are three days do i continue to ttkae care of them or force the frizzle (shes 6 to 7 months old??? ( frizzle dose nothing but lay on eggs thats why i ask ) thoe k did eventually plan on learing how to breed chicks help please [​IMG]
    Broody frizzle hen again sry for my spelling

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I would not try again to put them with the broody hen but get a brooder set up and care for them yourself.

Maybe the "Raising Baby Chicks" forum would have been a good place to post, but it's not an issue (and nor is your spelling - we all understand chicken-talk [​IMG])

3. jenns anipals

jenns anipals Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2016
    San deigo
    Thanks ill look into posting this in the raising baby chicks section and i havent put the frizzle back in with the babys ill take care of them lol and thats fine with me im begging to have quite the flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by