new hen house finally done!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Gma, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Gma

Gma Out Of The Brooder

Yesterday my 30 babies finally moved out of the brooder and into their new home, they are so much happier and calmer. I got to hold and pet each little one as we moved them. My wonderful son-in-law worked hard remodeling a large horse stall and corral into a lovely home for my new flock. This was my first experience ordering chicks by mail and Belt Hatchery was great to work with, all chicks arrived in good health and they are now 5 weeks old.

I have learned a lot by reading the comments of all BYC contributors, thanks.

2. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    pictures please [​IMG]

3. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulation on the newly remodeled horse stall/corral into a hen house/run and your new chicks! I'm excited for you! I'm glad you're finding lot of info here. It amazed me when I found this site. There's even so much more than chicken stuff here. Have you looked at the recipes? Good eatin'!

Enjoy your new feathered family!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My chicken experiences would be SO much more fraught with anxiety - and most likely mistakes, too - had I not joined BYC and taken advantage of all the knowledge, information and the members!!!

BYC has given me just as much enjoyment as have my chickens! (And that's a LOT!)

5. Gma

Gma Out Of The Brooder

Thanks for your comments.
    Just to follow up, we used recycled material for almost all of the remodel. Only purchased one roll of wire, a pair of hinges, nails & screws. The rest was material that seems to hatch on a "small" homestead like ours. (We have 3 acres that provides us with much of our food.) We ran chicken wire to the ceiling to keep out other critters and wire mesh under the floor and up the wall a bit also. I have a couple of photos taken yesterday that I will try to include.
    [​IMG]

6. dsowens15

dsowens15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Winchester, TN
    Lets see some pictures

7. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    need pics please!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. cornelljacks

cornelljacks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Yes, pics please [​IMG]

9. Gma

Gma Out Of The Brooder

this is my first try at posting photos, patience please! this is a work in progress, outside yard is next project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    So nice! And SOOOO clean. Enjoy the clean coop scent while it lasts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by