New hen in my “flock”

Erin Enchanted

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2018
We just got a new hen, I’m not sure if her age or breed. Can anyone tell me what breed you think she might be based on these pictures? I’m told she is laying and the eggs are brown.

Attachments

• BD62542A-ECEB-48A3-8B2F-AE6D41AE23ED.jpeg
    BD62542A-ECEB-48A3-8B2F-AE6D41AE23ED.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 31
  • 6213C014-FDB0-413F-8862-0F590A9A7B39.jpeg
    6213C014-FDB0-413F-8862-0F590A9A7B39.jpeg
    695 KB · Views: 29
We just got a new hen, I’m not sure if her age or breed. Can anyone tell me what breed you think she might be based on these pictures? I’m told she is laying and the eggs are brown.
The colour of a chicken egg depends on the colour of the chicken (I'm pretty sure) other then that, I'm more of a duck person then a chicken person sorry

Thank you! I thought she looked like an EE too but the man at the feed store said he thought she was a Cochin, and then I was way confused! She’s so cute and sweet. Now I am really excited to see her eggs. My other EE is not laying yet (she’s a late bloomer I guess). So it’ll be nice to have two surprise “Easter eggs” to look forward too!

LOL. The man at the feed store absolutely doesn't know chicken breeds or he was joking.
I think he was just BSing because he wasn’t sure and didn’t want to sound clueless since he worked there..LOL. So now I’m wondering if she is even laying yet, cause he also said her eggs were brown. Which is possible but I have a feeling he just wanted to have answers even if they were made up. Haha. Well either way, she is such a sweet hen!

Back
Top Bottom