New Hen mama

BethWilliams

Hatching
Jul 15, 2016
I just wanted to introduce myself. We are first time chicken parents to 6 beautiful girls. So far we have done well with all of the excellent voices of wisdom. They were born March 1st and have been laying for 3 weeks or so. Approximately 4 per day total. I don't know who is laying, except that they insist to use the SAME nest box and take turns. Thank you for the add and I look forward to learning more! Beth

I just wanted to introduce myself. We are first time chicken parents to 6 beautiful girls. So far we have done well with all of the excellent voices of wisdom. They were born March 1st and have been laying for 3 weeks or so. Approximately 4 per day total. I don't know who is laying, except that they insist to use the SAME nest box and take turns. Thank you for the add and I look forward to learning more! Beth

Welcome to BYC. Any questions ask away, usually there is someone that can help you out.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on all those eggs :D Yes hens do tend to want to use the nest box, I often have a queue forming in my coop even though there are more than enough to go round!

Wishing you the very best of luck with your girls in the future.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Nice to meet you Beth. Yes hens are like that. They have a favorite nest box and sometimes will climb on top of the present resident and dump an egg on them. Silly birds. Even if all nest boxes are identical they still do this often. That's why we usually suggest one nest box per 3 hens, so less space goes to waste, than a box for each one.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Yep, it seems we have a lot to learn about chicken logic - if only they could talk :)

Hi and welcome to BYC! Yes, there is often a "popular" nest box that everyone will want to use!
tongue.png
Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom