New hens and new to chickens

tlshaw2000

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2015
I received a black orphington hen and 2 brown isas and a chocolate hershey rooster last saturday. One isa lays everyday without fail. The other 2 dont lay at all. They are eating drinking pooping sleeping fine. the black hen was acting odd yesterday but has this white stuff on her bum. i just want to know if these things are normal. Ive read can take few weeks to start laying again.nust being worrisome probably.

This will take some time also. They need to get use to their new environment before they start laying.
Also give them some yogurt. Yogurt has good bacteria in it and will help your hens digestive tract.

Thank you. The owner said to treat for parasites using about 4 or 5 drops of vermectin on their necks as she hadnt doing the spring treatment. Is this correct or should i be using something else. And thank you for advice.:)

Thank you. The owner said to treat for parasites using about 4 or 5 drops of vermectin on their necks as she hadnt doing the spring treatment. Is this correct or should i be using something else. And thank you for advice.
smile.png
You're welcome! Yes, dewormers will help with overall hen health.

Back
Top Bottom