New hens at home!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ninjapoodles, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I just got home with five beautiful Easter Egger pullets, thanks to Ilovemychicks9! I felt bad about taking them from her, because she obviously loves them. But there is a gas company drilling literally RIGHT next door, and the horrible noise was stressing these pullets out, so she gave them up for their own good, basically. In any case, I am glad to have them, and my daughter is especially thrilled, since it was "her" EEs that were killed in the fox attack a while back. They're absolutely beautiful birds, and spoiled rotten, all healthy and bright.

I am amazed that these good people have not lost their minds with that gas drilling going on right in their back yard. I can't believe how horrible the racket is, not to mention the visual aspect, and the pollution. Ugh. [​IMG]

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Post pics!!!!

3. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hi Belinda, I am so glad that the girls made it home for you. I will miss them terribly, I almost cried when they left. I know the noise was unbearable for them and this was a way to give them peace and happiness. I will truly miss them all soo, but I know that they will have a much happier and healthier life with a little girl who loves them. Please tell Penny , Cinamon, Lucy, Ethel and Sweetie that I love them and I thank you so much for giving them a great new life . Please keep in touch and let us know how they do. Trudy [​IMG]

4. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I got the pics I took at your house off the camera, cleared it, then took some more of the girls, and now I can't get the transfer cable to work. Grrr!

I'm proud to say that I remembered everyone's name and who it belonged to, and even showed Bella some "I Love Lucy" clips on YouTube so she'd know why two of them were named Lucy and Ethel!

I am so sorry that y'all have to put up with that horrible nuisance (that is not a strong enough word) right in your own back yard. It's just not right. You're way too nice to deserve that mess. Ugh.

(PS, your inbox is full!) [​IMG]

5. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Guess I should tell you why we named them what we did, when Lucy and Ethel were a couple days old Lucy's head was all dark red and her back was the colors of the other amercaunas and Ethel was a blonde as she could be and they were inseperable and always into mischief together. Hence the name Lucy and Ethel and I am still amazed that Lucy turned out so beautiful and red all over. Trudy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by