new hens .. cochins ?? weird color ..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jarvis, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i got these two yesterday .. im sure the blue ish one is cochin .. but the other . just has a weird comb . maybe frostbite ? and nowhere near the feet feathering .. of the blue girl.. i think they are both pretty anyways .. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    The blue-ish girl does look very much like a cochin...the other one looks like a bantam brahma?

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    You know, now that I look at them, they look rather ugly. Better ship them to me, immediately. [​IMG]

(I [​IMG] them and find them to be beautiful, honestly.)

4. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    the red one is actually bigger than the "blue" they are both standards .. the lady i got them from raises cochins.. and these two are between one and three years old but she want sure how old .. i honestly just wanted the blue girl lol .. but decided i should buy her a friend who she know so she isnt alone when i introduced her the the rest of the flock .. i know my difffernt age groups stay to them selves .. so figured .. these two would at least have each other .. [​IMG] the lady also had a gorgeous roo .. but i have wayyyyyyyyy to many awesome roos as it is ... lol =/ and so i figured selling nine roos and only coming back with two hens .. and money i didnt show up with .. i did good [​IMG]

and thank you lol [​IMG] i think theyre very pretty as well =p

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    wow you should send that blue girl to me she's "ugly" lol does appear to be cochins

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:I still think the one is a brahma...but I am more familiar with cochins myself..but the comb is wrong and the leg feathering you said is sparser... [​IMG]

And I called her ugly first!!! LOL

Seriously beautiful birds. I would have had to get them both too. [​IMG]

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    well the one in the back im not to sure about doesnt look cochin nor brahama to me hmmmm...can you get pics of her by herself (not the very pretty blue girl but the other one) please. i have never seen that coloring before

8. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I have no idea, but they are gorgeous! I love the neat pattern your blueish one has!

No wait, they're so ugly, you better get rid of them. Let me PM you my address!

9. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    [​IMG] im glad i have so many places to send my ugly girls lol [​IMG] ill try and get some picks of them seperatly today .. lol i named the "red" Pomona and the "blue" Kiaskari [​IMG] the lue is the sweeter of the two .. [​IMG] the lady i got them from "raises" cochins .. so these could be her projects .. becasue all of them had patterns similar to the red .. but kiaskari was the only one like her [​IMG] couldnt walk away lol .. several had been sold already that were pretty .. im veryyy surprised noone picked her up .. shes soooo pretty .. if i had a camera i would have got pics of the others for yall [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by