New hens coughing, raspy

inputoutput

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Cumberland, MD
Picked up a few hens (and the most adorable little bannie roo) from a friend on Saturday and a couple in the bunch sound a little... Gurgly. I mean real raspy when they breath, they're all active but the roo and some of the girls sound not-so-good. Not gonna wait this out, I have a TSC and a Southern States near by. What would you recommend?

Hope they are okay until tomorrow after work... !

Edit: Specifics...

1.) No discharge of any sort
2.) Eyes look just fine
3.) Nothing weird about their combs or feet or butts
4.) Active, talky, taking dust baths and foraging and generally being hens. Roo is trying his best to look like he isn't 3x smaller than the girls (RIR mutts) and as much as I want to say I don't like roos, he's pretty adorable

Last edited:
i had the same proble a couple days ago and the great ppl of this site recommended tylan 50 .5 cc shot in the breats or under skin on back of neck near the wings or you could shoot it down there throat that all up to you! try using the search and im sure you will fing lots of great info! good luck hope they get better soon! ps keep them away from your flock!!

As Odey said. I had same problem, three shots of 1/2 cc Tylan, one shot every other day for a total of 3 shots. cleared up my Delaware and Blk Australorp. I had tried Duramycin which did not help. Condition kept getting worse finally had to learn to give shots and used the tylan. In the breast, alternate sides.

Back
Top Bottom