New here and I have a hurt chicken!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shara81, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Shara81

Shara81 New Egg

Feb 14, 2017
    Texas
    Good Morning. I live in Texas and my dog got ahold of my coop :( we lost 2 chickens and one is really injured. She made it over night and drinks and eats. I checked her out and under her wing you can see her skin must of torn because I can see her spine. I can not kill her :( what can I do to help her? I have seperated her in a dog cage but kept her in the coop. Any advice is great!

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances :( Please do post in the emergency section where I'm sure members will be able to help you. Chickens really can make a recovery from injury so there is a chance she will recover from this. The initial thing to get them over is shock and your girl eating and drinking is a good sign.

Good luck with her and I hope she can make a good recovery :fl

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Shara81 [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and do hope that the folks on the ER Forum are able to assist with your girl.

Best wishes to her and you.

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] PS hope your dog doesn't get any more chances to harm them. Hope she recovers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by