New here and need help with incubation.

AndrewT29

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2016
I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello to everyone and ask a quick question about incubation.

I have quail, chicken and guinea eggs all in my incubator right now. Yesterday I found that the incubator had accidentally been unplugged and the temp had dropped to 73 degrees. Im not sure for how long but it couldnt have been more than about 6-7hrs. Will this drop in temperature harm the eggs?

The quail eggs were on day 15 and due to be moved out of the egg turner today. The chicken eggs were all on day 16 and day 10, and the guinea eggs were ranging between days 16 and day 8. I got the temps back to normal as soon as possible and I did go ahead and move the quail eggs to the other incubator for lock down this morning.
How and when would I be able to tell if the drop in temp harmed the chicks/keets? or would I just have to wait and see if they hatch?

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Sorry, i have no experience with incubators, but you may wish to post your question on the "Incubating and hatching eggs" forum for advice from the experts.

All the best
CT

thank you, i just posted it there. Hopefully someone can tell me if the drop harmed them or not.

I have hatched out thousands of snakes, lizzards, and a few turtles but never any birds so this is all new to me. lol

thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif

No hatching experience here either but good luck with yours!

Thanks for joining us

Well I did end up losing a few of the eggs but got 21 quail out of 27 fertile eggs, 2 guineas out of 3 eggs, and 12 chickens out of 15 eggs.

Well I did end up losing a few of the eggs but got 21 quail out of 27 fertile eggs, 2 guineas out of 3 eggs, and 12 chickens out of 15 eggs.

Congratulations, that sounds like a good hatch rate to me!

Back
Top Bottom