New here and needing some help ^^

kittycat1356

Songster
Mar 15, 2016
Fayetteville nc
Hello~ ive been stalking the fourms a few days, and i finally made an account.
Im getting button quail eggs in the mail very soon. And i made my own incubator, its keeping temps nice and humidity as well.

I wanted to know, after getting my eggs and letting them sit for a bit, i put them in the incubator, and leave them, could i transport the incubator? Something has just come up and i have to go to VA, from NC, but it will be before my eggs hatch, could i possibly bring the incubator with me if i was careful? :(

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! For me personally I would not want to move them just incase. How long would the incubator have to be unplugged for on your journey? Would you be coming back with them before they hatch? Could you not get some one to watch your incubator while you are away?

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - sorry, I have no experience with incubators, but i do know that YCoop has and i would recommend following her advice.

All the best
CT

Well, i have a plug in the car that i could plug them in, and keep the incubator on, but im more worried that the moving car will mess with the yolks and such. I would be returning on the day before the first supposed hatch .

I would ask someone to keep an eye on them and turn etc. But the only person i can ask cant event turn on the right fish tank light when i ask. Basically they would probably mess up the turning and temp keeping.

welcome-byc.gif

I don't have incubating experience but I wish you well with however you work it!

Back
Top Bottom