New here and needing some help ^^

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kittycat1356, Mar 15, 2016.

1. kittycat1356

kittycat1356 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2016
    Fayetteville nc
    Hello~ ive been stalking the fourms a few days, and i finally made an account.
    Im getting button quail eggs in the mail very soon. And i made my own incubator, its keeping temps nice and humidity as well.

I wanted to know, after getting my eggs and letting them sit for a bit, i put them in the incubator, and leave them, could i transport the incubator? Something has just come up and i have to go to VA, from NC, but it will be before my eggs hatch, could i possibly bring the incubator with me if i was careful? :(

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! For me personally I would not want to move them just incase. How long would the incubator have to be unplugged for on your journey? Would you be coming back with them before they hatch? Could you not get some one to watch your incubator while you are away?

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - sorry, I have no experience with incubators, but i do know that YCoop has and i would recommend following her advice.

All the best
    CT

4. kittycat1356

kittycat1356 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2016
    Fayetteville nc
    Well, i have a plug in the car that i could plug them in, and keep the incubator on, but im more worried that the moving car will mess with the yolks and such. I would be returning on the day before the first supposed hatch .

I would ask someone to keep an eye on them and turn etc. But the only person i can ask cant event turn on the right fish tank light when i ask. Basically they would probably mess up the turning and temp keeping.

5. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I don't have incubating experience but I wish you well with however you work it!

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry, I don't know what to suggest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by