1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New here and to having chicks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mesopretty, Jan 28, 2017.

1. mesopretty

mesopretty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2017
    Bonita California
    Hey there from sunny San Diego area I'm new here and to having chicks my 2 1/2 year old baby girl got 3 buff Orpingtons and 2 black Jersey giants for x-mas they are roughly month in a half old they all seem to be doing well except "Bow" who is a Jersey we have noticed she has been high stepping big time I have checked her feet and don't see anything wrong and I have been doing some reading and starting to worry a bit wondering if anyone can point me in a direction to where I can find out what's going on with her please help thanks tons
    Raina

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Raina, it's nice to have you here!

Sorry to hear Bow is giving you some concern. When you post on the link Yorkshire Coop gave you, it may be helpful to include a photo or two of her feet...that might give the ER members more information to go on. I hope all is ok with her.

Thanks for joining us!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Raina [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope that the folks on the Emergencies & Diseases Forum are able to help you with what ails Bow and that she is OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Have you checked the bottoms of her feet to see if anything is bothering her.? if you can take a video you could post that on the ER thread, which would give them a much better picture of her problem.

6. mesopretty

Jan 28, 2017
    Bonita California
    Thank you all so much for the help and welcoming going on the link now

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, mesopretty, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Hope all is all well with Bow. Best wishes and the thanks for joining BYC!

8. mesopretty

Jan 28, 2017
    Bonita California
    Update like I have said I'm new here and new to having chicks on the other link I posted some info and picks of "Bow" and it was brought to my attention the "Bow" is actually a cockerel I had no clue but when we first got them I had a feeling he was a boy but my daughters day said no he most likely with has some deformity going on thanks so much thos place is awesome
    Raina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by