New here and to raising chickens

rainnotebook

Songster
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Northern AZ
Hello my name is Deborah and I just found this forum. I'm really excited to start reading past posts and learning lots of things.

I do not have chickens yet but this fall we will be building a chicken coop and getting some birds. I've been obsessed with the idea of having chickens for awhile now and glad that I'm finally able to do something about it!

It all started when we rooster sat a Silkie that was raised for 4H, and he was totally awesome. He would come in and sit on the couch with us and watch Family Guy (we named him Griffin) and just hang out with us. Now I know not all chickens will be like this but it certainly got us interested in raising chickens.

We have yet to build a chicken coop but I have layed out a plan and also will be looking at the tips that are on the forum. The chickens that we want are, Silkies, Sea Brights, Polish, as well as some laying hens. (I can't remember the names I picked out now)

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited I am to be having this experience and that I'm here on this forum.

Thanks
Deborah

welcome-byc.gif
Deborah,

What is your location? You'll have a great time here!!

Back
Top Bottom