1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New here. But love his site. Rooster question/weird issue

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nygirl, Jul 23, 2013.

1. nygirl

nygirl Hatching

Jul 23, 2013
    Any question I have about my chickens has been answered on this site so I had to join. Sooooo hopfully someone can help me with his question. I have a rooster who seems to really like me. He is not mean when he hears my voice or sees me he's is on high alert But that's not the problem. His name is Ace because he was the first to learn to fly hence the name. Well when I am in his pen he has a bad habit of flying on me, my head, arm, Back as I'm bending down. He doesn't peck or anything. I remove him hold him pet him and put him back down. I have to keep my eye on him cause he can do it when I least expect it and its becoming annoying. I at first thought he thought I was his girlfriend. Lol but he has plenty other.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Does he act like a rooster around your hens?

4. ralibi

ralibi Chirping

Jul 14, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck on your question. Is ace trying to sit on you or is he throwing his feet at you in an attempt to spur you? I had been feeding my chickens by hand and they all (hens included) started jumping on me looking for food. It was cute when they were little...not so cute anymore and all the scratches on my arms from unexpected food mongers got to be too painful! Everybody gets fed on the ground now!

5. nygirl

nygirl Hatching

Jul 23, 2013
    Ralibi he is just trying to sit on me. I was hand feeding some of them because we HAD a rooster who was attacking the other Roos and not giving the hens a break so they would sit on their out door purch to get away from him. I started a bad habit. Ace was the bottom of the totem pole so he purched too to get a break from him so I hand fed him the leftover too. But the bad one is gone now. I just don't know how to make it stop.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, nygirl, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck and have fun with your flock!

8. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: