New here ~ checking in from NE Tennessee

Hillbillenigma

Songster
6 Years
Jul 5, 2017
N.E. Tennessee/Kingsport
Hi all. New member from the Tri Cities ( Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City), TN.

My Wife and I have always been "animal people" and we currently have 2 dogs and four cats. Our children will be off to college soon so we are looking for hobbies that we enjoy for the upcoming years.

Have had chickens before and I'm just researching as I plan on getting more next year. I'm mainly interested in Bantams due to space but have not completely ruled out LF. My preference will be Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, would love to have some Dutch Bantams and possibly some RIR for eggs.

Welcome, chickens are a wonderful hobby, so many choices. There's lots of great information on this site, and people who love talking chickens.

Welcome Hillbillenigma! Bantams are so funny. Little chickens looking like chicks but they're full grown. I LOVE bantam roosters....little man with a big suitcase! :lau I had three bantams but had to keep them separated from regular flock (especially the rooster) so gave them to my friends who have all bantams and they are living happily every after.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Check out the breeds section, maybe that should help.

Back
Top Bottom