new here from franklin KY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ninabl, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ninabl

ninabl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    hey all, im new to the site and new to franklin ky. my wife and son and i moved here from bethlehem GA with plans to start a new life. i am kinda new and obsessed with chickens. i built a few chicken tractors for some quick cash and the last one i built i decided to keep. currently i have one barred rock hen and one white leghorn hen (think its mixed). also i have a few dozen eggs in a home made incubator. i will post later about the incubator i built for 7 dollars and some stuff i scavanged from around the house. the eggs i have in the hatcher currently are 2 silkie RIR mix and 8 pure RIR. i got the eggs from a friend locally kind of as a test. one of the eggs is due to hatch thursday and the rest are spread out through this weekend and next week. i am currently looking for a half or full dozen barred rock eggs to incubate. my wife and i have ben together for 10 years and marrie3d for the last 6 of them. our first child (ethyn) was born 4-11-10 and is growing like a weed. i am here to learn and will help out with the little knowledge i have.
    thanks
    nick blough

2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Hey nick [​IMG] Welcome to the forum! I'm kinda obsessed with chickens, too. lol

I look forward to your posts if you're going to show "inexpensive" ways to build things. In this tough economy - so many of us are trying to do that!

[​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, La.

Good luck with your eggs in the bator!! [​IMG]

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ninabl

ninabl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    Quote:thanks. i enjoy messing with stuff in my spare time. i recently went from a 20$/hr job to a 10$/hr job and my wife went from 14$/hr to stay at home mom and full time student. our income went way down and cost of survival went way up. i have several "projects" i rebuilt the incubator 3 times befor it was good enough to try some eggs in. i am planing to hatch a few barred rocks then rebuild it again. with the current economy and lack of cash if i want somthing i usally have to build it. i needed a truck so i bought one that smoked like a train and rebuilt the motor. i wanted a motorcycle so i bought a wrecked one and rebuilt it. (LOL then wrecked it again) its amazing what you can find on the internet. not just stuff but the information out there. we recntly lost our first house so now were renting but i saved a little and bought a small lot in KY and we plan to start building our house in the fall after much more research.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

8. Wileyps1

Wileyps1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Pennsdale, PA
    [​IMG] from PA [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Hope you have a great hatch [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck with your hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by