New here from Washington

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mper, Apr 22, 2017.

1. mper

mper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2017
    Just a quick into. We got 5 chicks from the local Wilco 2 weeks ago. All Novogens I was told. We took a stamper to do the top of their heads so I could tell them apart.

[​IMG]

Chicken tractor arrived this week.

[​IMG]

They're growing fast, and so is my learning curve! I think we're ready for this. :)

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us. You got your birds from one of my all time favorite places, so you must be a good egg, and shopping there must mean you are in my "neighborhood".
    Marking them temporarily is a good idea, especially on the head as that is the last place the down sheds from....by the time the down sheds they'll be feathering out and you'll notice differences in their feather patterns and personality that will allow you to tell them apart.

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mper [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaaw, sooo cute!

Have you checked out the Learning Centre? Lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. mper

mper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2017
    We noticed tail feathers! You should hear my children say 'tail feathers' three times fast.
    [​IMG]

Doesn't this chick look like a buff orpington? That is if I even have that name right:
    [​IMG]

She's so super soft and fluffy compared to the other 4 chicks, and smaller.

Remarkable how fast they grow. We've had them​ now 2 weeks. Thanks for letting me share.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by