New here, hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tam4k9, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tam4k9

tam4k9 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    Glad to be here, and thank you for such a nice site to learn about chickens. My name is Tamera, and I live in Tennessee. I'm a retired Pet Stylist (mostly dogs & cats ) of almost 30 yrs. I had to quit work in April due to a back injury. I just ordered my coop today, yay! I don't have any chickens yet. I have been around folks who has raised them all of my life, and I have always enjoyed watching them play & scratch. I love their little curious personalities!

I totally have a lot to learn and that's the reason I joined here. Seems like this is the place to be if you want to learn any and everything about chickens! My plans are to get the coop set and a run built this winter and get pullets (young hens, right?) in the spring when the weather is fair. That way I can do some serious studying over the colder months.

Just wanted to say, "Hello" and thanks for having me, I look forward to learning here.

2. DaddyBird

DaddyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome from your Nashville neighbors!

3. CHICKEN CRAZY1

CHICKEN CRAZY1 Chillin' With My Peeps

WELCOME! BYC is happy to have you!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I used to groom dogs a zillion years ago, then I called it "canine coiffures," I got numbness and tingling in the hands and kept dropping clippers (expensive to keep replacing etc.) and other ailments with aging so had to stop. Things are sure different now a days, the price of trimming is outta sight & I see lots of mobile grooming vans.

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! The Learning Center would be good place for you to start. There are articles on all sorts of chicken related topics, from hatching eggs to housing to predators to keeping the flock healthy. Have you looked at different chicken breeds yet? There is info on all the common breeds here. And in the Coops section there are lots of lovely coop designs to inspire you. Enjoy!

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. tam4k9

tam4k9 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    "Hi!" Thank you all ! Look forward to learning and growing here.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck when you get your flock.

10. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by