1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new here !!! nice place you have here alil about me

Discussion in 'Quail' started by COUNTRYBOI, Apr 20, 2012.

1. COUNTRYBOI

COUNTRYBOI Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    hello I'm from western part of Kentucky 29 year old male and trying to get some king of business going with birds i raise quail and chicken in chickens i have bantams and standard in bantams I've BB red , silver duck wing, self blue, creole , black Rosecomb , Americana's in standard i have American's , silver winedot , and just got my start in dark cornish which i think is gonna be my chicken of choice i also have mixed layers I'm raising for my yard birds turkin, barred rock ,rode island red,, I've got a few pidgins ... hoping to get alot me and maybe expand to a business.. I been around animals off and on my whole life raised everything from deer , to flying squirls n coons to cows goats n rabbits even had emu's and long horned rams lol to say the least I'm all country :p

I have coturnix in white , blonde, brown, red, red white breasted and some really pretty colored blonde i created that have brown heads with white pecks on head and blonde body with red brown bordered white feathers on back really pretty ... hope to hear from everyone on here .....
    i found this place looking for some info on over heated eggs my incubator went on the frits and i found it at 105 degrees and i have over 50 turkey eggs 250 quail and 130 chicken eggs in it
    I'll be sick if it messed them up .. the chicken quail eggs are easy to come by but please let my turkey eggs be ok ... hope i get to know a few people on here and maybe even hear from folks around the way...

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Nice to meeet you and [​IMG], from Arkansas.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] and the quail forums! Lots of knowledgeable folks here. We all help each other along the quail road. [​IMG]

4. mossypath

mossypath Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    ohio
    [​IMG]
    Glad to have you with us Countryboy.

5. JHorn91180

JHorn91180 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself but also have lots of other animals and turkey eggs in my bator right now too but I have their parents. I'm in North East KY but drive thru western Ky at least a couple times a year on my way to visit family in Illinois and Iowa.

Also I just got started with Coturnix quail this year but have some other kinds as well. Would love to see pics of these blond ones u were describing. This forum is pretty user friendly and i think u will find it fairly easy to post pics to this thread if u wouldn't mind sharing. We r all about new colors and mutations on here.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    yeah need cord to phone to get pics lost it so mad i could chew nails lol yeah only took me couple generations to get the colors then i just give up on maken the colors different but still have few i think they are all the same size i read about jumbo brown but not sure theyre any different from mine but my whites, red, brown,and blonds all about the same size they all breed together and mix them how i got colors .. just tinkering around people act likke they were buying them for pets more than meat heard the words thats pretty too many times so i made some really pretty '''''' has anyone ever heard of coturnix maken it in the wild like hatching , nesting ?

7. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    yeah some have brown head with tinywhite feathers on head and the sides blonde or light tan then on back their feathers have brown or red brown trim around the edge and then have a light blonde ring in that trim and white centers really pretty .... best way i can explain it '''

8. JHorn91180

JHorn91180 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    Just a suggestion. U could text(send) the pics from your phone to your email address copy and save them to your computer from there and then post them. I had to do this once after a friends pup chewed up my usb cable for my phone. A friend of mine suggested this trick as they also did it when they lost the usb cord to an old digital camera they had.[​IMG]

9. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    the phone only for pics no service but i'll see if i can get something going .......

10. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    [​IMG]hey found a cord and after couple hours of searching for software downloading and installing lol i finally have my pic's.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by