New here...Originally from Holland, now in Wyoming

Feike

Songster
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Lander, Wyoming
Hello fellow chicken lovers,
I am originally from Holland but live now in Wyoming...I have Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Silver Lakenvelders and Guinea Fowl.
Would love to breed some wonderfull Dutch chickens like Welsummers and Barnevelders..
Who do you suggest as hatcheries or are there any forum members that would love to sell just hached chicks...
I've been looking arround for the gold duckwing welsummer, would especially love to breed them and see them in the West.
Can anyone help me...
Thank You,
Feike

Hello from Arkansas and
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas and glad to have you aboard! How are you liking beautiful Wyoming? I would love one day to get some Dutch breeds you mentioned. Check out the breeds index on this forum as well as the breeders and hatchery link. On the former you will find entire groups of people devoted to specific breeds. Not sure if you will have luck finding Welsummers or Barnevelders this time of year from a hatchery - a little too specialized. But in the spring lots carry them. An independent breeder might be able to set you up sooner. Best of luck to you in your chicken endeavors!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom