1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New here.. very new to Chickens :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NewtochickensRN, Apr 24, 2016.

1. NewtochickensRN

NewtochickensRN New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    Aiken SC
    So I finally joined after lurking around. We have 10 new chickens. This is very new to our family. My husband and I are both 32. We have 4 boys. The oldest is 14, then 10, 4, and 3 months. We wanted something to do fun as a family. We have all hens. 5 jersey giants, 2 Wyandottes, 2 rainbows, and an Easter egger. They are so much fun. They are almost ready to go to the coup.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chickens :celebrate They sure are a great hobby that the whole family can help with. I'm sure you will all enjoy them very much.
    Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If everyone gets the chick of their choice, who gets the extras? Just channeling my young days when siblings and I fought over the last cookie. Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. NewtochickensRN

NewtochickensRN New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    Aiken SC
    My 4 year old has taken claim to them. :) He loves playing with them and has named them all.

5. NewtochickensRN

NewtochickensRN New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    Aiken SC
    We have 7 out of 10 named. Eenie, meanie, pinky, chocolate, fiona, coral, and katie. Looking for 3 more names

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by