New here, well, kinda.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Redneck81, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Redneck81

Redneck81 New Egg

Jul 29, 2016
    I haven't posted much, but I have been reading threads on weekly. I purchased my first six hens in February as 1 week old chicks. I had them in a 20 gallon long aquarium until about April, then moved them to a pre manufactured coop. On the smaller side. I ended up with 2 more and decided to build my own coop and run. Took me almost 2 months as I could only do so much a week. I got 8 hens now and already planning to expand my coop in this spring. Our family loves our hens and the delicious eggs, also surprisingly enough our neighbors do too.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Redneck81, and [​IMG]! Pleased to have you with us! Best of luck to you and your flock and enjoy those farm fresh eggs!! [​IMG]

3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Don't you just love those fresh (free!) eggs? I do! Have a great time on here and best wishes! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Great ! If you have enough eggs to share you gain goodwill among the neighbors.

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. Redneck81

Redneck81 New Egg

Jul 29, 2016
    He used them for pickled eggs. Not sure how well that went with the shells (hard to remove)! Thanks for the welcome.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Chicken fever always seems to set in and we end up with far more then we ever intended! I intended to start out with 25, and within four months I had 42. I am back down to 35 after selling some roosters .and losing five in a predator attack, but they sure are fun! I hope you make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by