1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ferrn, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Ferrn

Ferrn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2007
    Texas
    :DHi guys!
    Found the site and I love it. We have two little boys and purchased some chickens for them (Americaunas, Dominiques and Speckeled Sussex), 14 total. You would have thought we bought gold bars and put them in a chicken coop because my 6 year old has fallen madly in love with his girls. He totes them around, spoiles them rotten and even brought one into the house the other day just to show me how beautiful she was. Every day we have to feed them bread and other snacks. Looking forward to getting to getting to know you all and reading good advice!!

Jen

2. ChickenMommy

ChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    Welcome, I too love this website, it has a wealth of advice and good information!

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Welcome to this wonderful site [​IMG]. Great info, great fun and especially great people.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome, Ferrn!

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    welcome, [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Welcome Ferrn, you must post pics of your little ones as we love chicks!! and all kinds of poultry here. Glad to have you.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Hiya Ferrn...welcome to the "madness" Everyone here has great advice....and a great love for thier chickens. I have yet to post a question, and not get an answer. Oh, and yes, we will of course want to see pics of your new babies! [​IMG]

8. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Howdy and welcome!

9. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Welcome Ferrn

And yes....pictures....pictures....pictures!!!

Jean

10. Dwightm

Dwightm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2007
    Hello ferrn! I'm new here also. I to have a son who is 7. He absolutly loves helping me with our chicks. I don't know which one is more fun to watch, him or the baby chicks.

Bringing a little farm into a young boys life could make his life a whole lot easier in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by