1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amanda9967, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Amanda9967

Amanda9967 New Egg

Mar 26, 2016
    Hello! We just started our first flock over here. We moved about a year ago.to some acreage. We already grew a lot of our food, but now we're excited about raising some animals. We recently purchased six chicks and two ducklings. We absolutely love our new babies. They're checked on every morning and evening by my kids and me and my husband checks on them the morning after I leave for work. During the weekends we take them out to a little safe pen if the weather permits (live in sunny Florida). Very excited about the prospect of fresh eggs. I wish I found this forum sooner! So excited to learn and share!

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Amanda, very nice to meet you. Hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new move and your chicks / ducklings. You'll want more before long - they are addictive! [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

Come say hello over on our state thread! Just type Florida in the Search box (upper left, under the logo) and it should come up.

Thanks for joining us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by