New here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by klf2851, Dec 17, 2016.

1. klf2851

klf2851 New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    Spacecoast Fla.
    I am new here to BYC! I am excited to hear knowledge from all of you! MY goal is to have a happy flock eat some eggs and gather manure for my garden!

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
  3. klf2851

klf2851 New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    Spacecoast Fla.
    Thank you! I am in the USA.Florida to be exact.This is my first expierience with chickens.Lol my parents were raised with them but they are amazed by what I have told them about what I have learned about chickens!

4. klf2851

klf2851 New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    Spacecoast Fla.
    To me they are amazing pets that can make me watch them like TV. I actually find myself simply going outside to see my chickens and acquaint ourselves! These are my girls, I want to protect them, we are intertwined! I provide them food, safety and shelter.They provide me with entertainment, loyalty, food, and a wonderful companion!

5. Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2016
    Hello, glad you joined us.

6. penny1960

penny1960 la la land awaits Premium Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Welcome from Washington state here so very glad you have joined us being as
    you are in Florida you can type in the search bar Florida Threads and you will see about
    10 of them and as chickengrass said there is a wealth of information in the learning center
    and about anything to do with chickens here

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under klf2851 [​IMG] Welcome!

I agree totally agree with you .. chickens are amazing pets and I love my spoiled princesses.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Watching Chicken Tv is very entertaining - new shows every day, live action, no cable or satellite bills. Welcome to BYC

10. Welcome to chicken wonderland! My first flock too, and they ARE wonderful entertainment. It's been fun since I started in April then joined here in November. I've learned lots [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by