New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kkline, Jan 24, 2017.

1. kkline

kkline New Egg

Jan 24, 2017
    Hi All,
    I'm a newbie forum member, and a tender-hearted newbie chicken mom. I'm looking for some advice regarding re-homing a rooster. I want to make sure he goes to a good (GREAT) home, because I have raised him from a chick and we, as a family, care deeply about his well-being. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, kkline, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! You might try posting in the re-homing forum here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing
    as well as you state thread which you can find in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    And if you have other chickens and are a newcomer to poultry, you might do some reading in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Good luck with your rehoming efforts! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

1 person likes this.
  3. birdwrangler057

birdwrangler057 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Hello! And [​IMG] so happy you decided to hang with us!

I would say find a home that could provide 10-12 hens, and enough space. Also, a place that doesn't have "anti-rooster" neighbors. LOL

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under kkline [​IMG] Welcome!

Good tips from redsoxs.

I understand your concerns; having to find homes for roosters that I am not allowed to keep is the main reason I have very few hatches here.

Unfortunately, there is a glut of roosters looking for homes and we have to face the cold hard truth that they could end up in a pot. However, some are lucky and get to live long lives on farms etc.

I do hope that you are able to find a good home for your little man.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Good luck with re-homing your rooster.

CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you find a good home for your rooster.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck finding your guy a new home.

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with re-doing your boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by