New here!

tenniskat9

Hatching
Apr 11, 2015
New here, but have had chickens for almost 2 years! We actually have 2 sets of chickens. At our neighborhood house, we have 3 golden comets: Firestar (9 year old daughter named her after a book character), Spider ma'am (6 year old son), and Elmo Katniss (3 year old plus mine) who are about 1.5 years old! They spend the day in the backyard with our 2 labs. :) We also have some chickens at our friends farm in Elijay, GA. Any successful hatchlings, go to the farm. My kids like to try to hatch eggs at school with their friends as class projects. We are always predicting the genetic outcome. If anyone is interested in donating fertilized eggs, we will take them! I look forward to actually being active on here instead of being a lurker. :)

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What an interesting chicken project you have there. It's wonderful to hear your children are enjoying them and getting their class mates involved.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Nice to get the whole family involved in raising poultry!

G’Day from down under tenniskat9
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Welcome to BYC, so glad you've joined us! Sounds like you and your kids have all enjoyed the poultry adventure, this is such a wonderful hobby for families to be engaged in.

Back
Top Bottom