New here!

kittyhawk507

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2018
Hi all,

My name is Sandra. I live in North Carolina, I'm a fourth grade teacher, an animal lover and a blossoming chicken enthusiast. I've bought a 100 year farm house that I'm remodeling and my plan is to fill the farm up with critters of a sort. I share the farm with my year old German Shepherd, my 3 cats, 2 ducks, and a batch of new baby chicks. In the past I've mostly had Rhode Island Red and Barred Rocks, but this time I got a mix. I have a Silver Laced Wyndotte, Golden Laced Wyndotte, Cukoo Maran, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, and Black Austolorp. The chicks are two weeks old and growing like weeds. I'm in the process of building my own coop which is turning out to be a super fun project.

I've been a guest reader on this site for years, but decided to join the because I was having trouble with my chicks dying and wanted advice. They had symptoms if coccidious, but there was also a very weird feet issue going on with one of the chicks. I posted that thread about that in the illness/disease forum with pictures.

I'm glad to be here and look forward to making friends that also love chickens.

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers
1250972-eaaf72ec0adea36bcb73d03ebb09f6f1.gif

Hi all,

My name is Sandra. I live in North Carolina, I'm a fourth grade teacher, an animal lover and a blossoming chicken enthusiast. I've bought a 100 year farm house that I'm remodeling and my plan is to fill the farm up with critters of a sort. I share the farm with my year old German Shepherd, my 3 cats, 2 ducks, and a batch of new baby chicks. In the past I've mostly had Rhode Island Red and Barred Rocks, but this time I got a mix. I have a Silver Laced Wyndotte, Golden Laced Wyndotte, Cukoo Maran, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, and Black Austolorp. The chicks are two weeks old and growing like weeds. I'm in the process of building my own coop which is turning out to be a super fun project.

I've been a guest reader on this site for years, but decided to join the because I was having trouble with my chicks dying and wanted advice. They had symptoms if coccidious, but there was also a very weird feet issue going on with one of the chicks. I posted that thread about that in the illness/disease forum with pictures.

I'm glad to be here and look forward to making friends that also love chickens.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Sandra glad to have you join us

Back
Top Bottom