New here!

keeks&kiwimom

Songster
Mar 6, 2018
Central Oregon
Hello everyone,

I am new to the chicken world. I haven't even got my first chickens yet. I've decided to educate myself first before just attempting to wing it hence why I'm here amongst the experts ;).
I am a wife and mother to two wonderful kids or should I say young adults. I have a daughter that is 21 and my son is 19. With both of them out of the house I'm finding i have sooo much time on my hands that i thought i'd raise some chickens and maybe goats in the future. I also have two labs. (Black 10 yr old and Yellow 3 yr old) and a tubby cat.
My husband and I just bought a home with 1.3 acres in LaPine Oregon and hopefully i will feel confident enough to add some chickens in the near future. Thanks for allowing me to join your group and hope to make lots of new friends! Take care everyone!

1262537-6528999a7dcc3b3ba51f400685657e2d.jpg.gif

welcome arrow.gif

:welcome Howdy and welcome to our flock:frow. You are definitely a smart woman doing your research first and second joining us. So my hats off to you. Raising chickens is relaxing and is a wonderful hobby if you do it correctly. It involves a little time and :cafwork but you always reap great rewards and you meet some wonderful birds that can become just like family. So if at anytime you have questions, concerns, or issues please feel free to ask and we will be glad to help you. Thanks for joining us.:wee

oh yeah, one more thing. it is helpful to us here at BYC if everyone puts at least their general location on their profile so that when you post on forums we can adequately give you advice based off of geographic location (you might be surprised how much this can help!) All you have to do is select Account in the upper right hand corner and then click on Personal Details (then you will see all of the items on the page). You don't need to put specifics, you could put PNW or western OR, and that would work. I have Western WA on mine, under my picture, if you can see it. Hope that helps!
~M

Back
Top Bottom