1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Here :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by icandi, Jan 13, 2014.

1. icandi

icandi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2014
    Central Alabama
    Hi
    I'm in central Alabama and have been lurking a few days here studying up on everything I can before getting some chicks for spring! I tend to get obsessed when I research new topics, and the BYC forum has been no different ^_^
    I keep looking at all the hatcheries online but I am kind of hoping to find something here in AL if I can find the chickens I want. At the moment I'm not completely sure on what breed(s) that will be because I want good egg layers that are also nice for my kids and maybe a few just for the fun colors.
    The only animals we have right now are 3 fish and a dog. She's a bit of a scaredy though so I don't expect much of a problem after the initial excitement.

2. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Welcome!!! If you check the Where am I? Where are you! Thread you should be able to find your state thread (I think this is yours: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/29002/alabama ) and you can ask those more local to you if anyone has birds to sell/rehome or will be soon. They also might know of hatcheries, breeders, and farms, that are closer to you so you can pick up instead of mail ordering.

This is a great place to learn. I am not sure I would have survived the first year without all the help I had on here!

3. icandi

icandi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2014
    Central Alabama
    Thanks!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC :)

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] it is great to see you finally found the time to join us here [​IMG]

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by