1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New holderread's ducklings and updates (PICS PICS PICS!)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyBoys, May 22, 2008.

1. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Finally, after months of waiting, the Holderread's ducklings arrived! I ordered 10 of the exhibition runner assortment and recieved 11. One little baby - possibly a fawn and white or penciled - looks a little weak and tired compared to the others, but on last check she was up and about eating and drinking - so keeping fingers crossed on that one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, take a look at my giant dewlap gander! He's getting HUGE! Especially compared to the little girl. They are almost 4 weeks old now - can't wait to start seeing some feathers. He's in the middle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The big bunch of buff geese and production runners are enjoying being in the donkey pasture. The gnaders have a little bit of fluff on their heads, but the girls are pretty much all feathered out.

[​IMG]

Here is the little house I built for my call ducks. Today is their first day outside the barn. They are pretty much feathered out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And can't forget the gratituous donkey pic!

Paris and Nicole enjoy having all those swimming pools around the pasture!!

[​IMG]

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

3. Double-T-Family-Farm

Double-T-Family-Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Midwest, Wisconsin
    do holderread's have a website? the ducklings look great.. and the geese look even better!! [​IMG] good luck with the birds

4. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
  5. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I lust over so many of their stock! I am still waiting for my buff geese from them, it may or may not happen though - still waiting to see she said. It will be very interesting to see any differences between these buff geese I got from McMurray (which I am very happy with) and the ones from Holderread's top stock.

So still crossing fingers for those to come.

6. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Very nice. That dewlap gander is HUGE and his body is so deep compared to my Pilgrim gander. He is going to be massive. I have been so happy with my Holderread babies.
    The ducklings are adorable. I forgot how small they are when they arrive

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I have Embdens from Murray McMurray, Metzer and Holderread. You can spot hte Holderread ones from a mile off. They are giants compared with the others.

8. fowlfriends

fowlfriends Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Battle Ground, Wa
    All of those babies are very cute, and look great!

Quote:I know, I almost cannot get over how HUGE Holderreads Emdens are. And so beautiful!

9. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I'm jealous...... [​IMG]

(j/k.... [​IMG])

Very nice! What all color runners do you think they sent?

10. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I think I mainly have black and chocolate, one white, one penciled or fawn and white, one gray and possibly some blues. I can't remember what my blue babies looked like - I think they were kinda brownish grayish color, but I've never had chocolates before so they might be chocolate.

Last edited: May 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by