New Home For The Girls

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Inmanfarm, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Inmanfarm

Inmanfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Oakland County, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

;)This is our new chicken coop that the kids and I built together, the coop part was bought as a combo coop/run. We enclosed the run and added on our own run with lights and fans. My inlaws want to know when we are going to install cable tv and the internet. [​IMG]

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Wow! Pretty! You did a great job!

3. sunnyzoopet

sunnyzoopet Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    China
    [​IMG].... that is great. it seems that you buy a chicken coops and add the extention run yourself.

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Very nice... and so stylish

5. HudsonValleyGirl

HudsonValleyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    I was going to buy a coop like that. An extra coop, if one of my girls got hurt or if I decided to breed and wanted a broody house, but now that I see that this type of house is made in China, I have decided not to buy it. I will make sure to find a coop made in America.

Other than my statement above. IT is a nice looking coop and your extras have made it very fancy.[​IMG]

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cozy and cute. I expect you'll post pics when it's all decorated for Christmas.[​IMG] Congratulations!

7. Inmanfarm

Mar 22, 2010
    Oakland County, Michigan
    Thank-you Very Much!!!!! We Are Having So Much Fun With This, And The Kids Are Learning About Chickens And Their Personalities, And Eggs Just Dont Come From The Store.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Where did you buy the coop? It's very nice.

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Ya'll did a great job building that coop!! It looks great!! [​IMG]

Missi

10. Inmanfarm

Mar 22, 2010
    Oakland County, Michigan
    I bought the original coop/run off Craiglist, then added on the run, and enclosed the rest with left over cedar siding we had laying around the house. It was a fun family project that came with benifits.......EGGS!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by