1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEW HOME SWEET HOME...HAVE I FORGOTTEN ANYTHING

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mirmle, Jul 5, 2007.

1. mirmle

mirmle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2007
    Ingersoll, ON Canada
    So I finally finished the coop for my girls, Molly, Penelope and Priscilla...I had never even touched a chicken before 3 weeks ago...I hope I got everything, and was hoping someone could let me know if there's anything I forgot...I still don't have lights or heat and am wondering what I need to keep the girls cosy during our cold winters in Ontario, Canada where temps drop to zero F, -30C..I wanted something a little sweet since it had to fit into our existing yard that we spend a lot of time in..found playhouse pics on the internet and went by that to build our coop...enjoy the pics...dont have plans I went from but if anyone wants info, drop me a line
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! How creative and beautiful! It's a complete work of art. Lucky chickens!

****Do you have that roost pole where it won't roll when they jump on it? If it's just sitting, they'll be dumped off every time, LOL.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  3. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    OMG!!!! That is jsut tooooooooo cute! And hardwood floors! I'm moving in [​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Absolutely cute!

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Wow! That's incredible! I guess in that gorgeous yard your girls won't be free ranging!!

The only things that I would add would be a small run area, added on to their current run, where they can get some sun in the summertime. They love to dust bathe in the sun. And, inside, next to the feeders, I would put a small feeder that would match the ones you have just for their oyster shell.

You certainly have made one gorgeous coop. These pics, along with the plans for making it, would be a wonderful addition to our BYC Coop site.

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    That coop is so adorable!!!!! I want one!! I'd need one the size of one of those fancy kids playhouses though...you know the ones that cost mega-bucks.
    Yes, I agree w/ BeckyLa, add a small run if you can.

Your yard is gorgeous as well, it almost makes me want to go out and wok on mine...lol.

7. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Hey mirmle are you close to Forest?

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    sensational effort! That is absolutely a work of art as mentioned previously! Just awesome! Puts my coops to shame!

9. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    What an adorable chicken coop! It looks like a dollhouse! I love it.

10. mirmle

mirmle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2007
    Ingersoll, ON Canada
    Actually, the girls come out every morning and have the run of the yard until bedtime...I thought chickens go to bed early, but they dont go in until around 9 pm...will get oyster shells in a hurry...to answer a question...I live nowhere near a forest..Im in the center of the town of Ingersoll

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by