1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New home!!! Yeah!! VERY, VERY, VERY pic heavy.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jeaucamom, Dec 14, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    We've been looking for a home for months but the rental market out here is ridiculous. Houses are SO expensive it would make you drop your teeth. We almost settled for something last week, but I had resorted to calling RE agents and asking them if homes they had listed for a long time their owners might be willing to rent. A lady said "20 minutes ago, my friend decided to pull her house off the market after 13 months of not selling and to rent it" I called the owner, we talked. The kids and I went and looked at it and we were literally crying at how perfect it was. And the best part is, she lowered the rent 500 dollars so we could afford it. Beautiful two story on 2.5 acres, 3 ponds, barn, coop, rabbit hutch, goat house, orchard/garden. So here is my beautiful new home. We are so blessed by God.

Front gate with this beautiful chicken welcome sign just inside [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right side of house with porch off master bedroom.
    [​IMG]

Left side of house with beautiful window in stairwell. And my friend Julie and our kids.
    [​IMG]

Down stairs family room, kitchen and dining area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots of outside shots.
    [​IMG]

Pond one
    [​IMG]

Pond two
    [​IMG]

The coop and animal housing and orchard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is going to paint the inside of the house and put new appliances in the kitchen. Yeah!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Just beautiful! I can tell you are very happy. Maybe see if she'll do a rent to own?!?!?!

Only bad part is...now you have to wait until January 10th. Worth the wait though I'm sure.

3. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Wow!!! That is a fantastic place. Couldn't ask for better than that.

Congrats!! You deserve it.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Wow thats awesome - congratulations - now go start packing!!!

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    What a lovely place! That's two Christmas bonuses for you this week!! Looks like a wonderful place for you, the kids AND the chickens. Good luck moving!

7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    She is totally willing to do a lease option to buy. I am not sure of the terms or whether I will be able to do it (no money down, no increase in payments and no credit) hmmmm..... not the greatest situation. But she said she might be willing to carry for me or carry half, if I can only qualify for half the amount etc. Anyway... for now, I am floating on cloud nine and just basically in shock after looking so long. I know I won't sleep tonight.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Absolutely beautifull!! Congrats...I will put in a special prayer, you can own this place one day. I see MANY more chickens in your future!!!

9. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    Its so beautiful! If you do one day own that place you'll be one lucky person. Good luck.

10. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Very nice it looks like just what you need!

Randy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by