new homemade incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebel yell, Dec 5, 2010.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    made a test run on my new homemade bator with 8 oegb bb red eggs, candled on day 18 & 1 was bad through it out had 7 left, hatched 6 as of this morning, not bad at all for a trial run, made this one out of a mini fridge with a wafer thermostat, & a heating element from a LG & also a turner from the LG.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] do you have any pics?

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Now get a bunch of eggs and join us for the New Years Day Hatch... You know, now that you know it works and all.... [​IMG]

Almost all 85 of us are setting eggs at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday Dec. 11th.

4. weezzell5400

weezzell5400 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2010
    seneca
    any chance that you will post some pics of the new incubator i love looking at what people come up with

5. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    here is a not so good photo of my fridgeabator, can only get a outside photo at this time cause i still have chicks in it & 1 egg that i still hope will hatch, but it has a 2 ply glass door, & has done very well on the test run, these chicks will leave here tomorrow & i will set it again with some very important eggs, to me any way, i will try to take more pictures tomorrow.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by