New homes demolished

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, May 6, 2009.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Believe it or not brand new homes that have never been lived in are being torn down! The reason is shocking.

The homes' developer went bankrupt before the luxury homes could be finished.

Since many were partially built it would have cost the bank over a million dollars to bring them up to code.

Incredibly, the bank decided it made more sense to take the finished homes and tear them down rather than try to sell them.

INSIDE EDITION’s Jim Moret took a tour inside one of the model homes complete with granite countertops and tiled floors. Even the walls were painted.

At the peak of the real estate market the house would have sold for nearly $400,000. Today, it's worth perhaps $120,000, but that's not enough to save it.

Real estate investor Danny Christian says that four of the homes even had appliances in them!

Rather than have model homes in the middle of nowhere the bank is quoted as saying they'd rather clear the land and start over. Christian says the bank's actions don't make sense to him. When asked what the possible reason would be to tear down a completed home, he says in his opinion there is none.

Now, as demolition crews put rubble into piles INSIDE EDITION cameras captured the dramatic example of the American dream of home ownership quite literally come crashing down.

http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=2904
    http://www.youtube.com/user/visionvictory

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in a while! It is sickening to think of those beautiful homes being destroyed.

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    That is sickening, no wonder the banks are in such bad shape!

4. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    We should give the banks a government handout for such outstanding intelligence. [​IMG]

NOT!!!

5. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I swear, there is no common sense today!

6. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Another example of poor planning and greed. Why couldn't the banks have done SOMETHING humanitarian (if they couldn't or wouldn't finish building them or sell them...) and at least gut the houses and donate the "used" building materials to an organization like Habitat for Humanity or something equivalent in the area. Habitat will come in and dismantle and salvage a LOT in a house that is going to be torn down. I could rant on about sensless waste......

7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    That is beyond ridiculous! Heck, people would PAY THEM MONEY to be able to come and take them apart to reuse everything for themselves. I would! At least get some money out of it and give some benefit to others! Idiots!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Not sure if it's the same ones, but they just did that this week here near me in Victorville, CA. They sold the appliances and fixtures, etc., before tearing them down. They have sat there unfinished for over a year.

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    OMG! Idiotic!!!!

Seriously it says this "Real estate investor Danny Christian says that four of the homes even had appliances in them!"

All those people who would have paid the banks to remove the appliances to own them so the bank could pocket a few thousand extra, and they just turned over the house with the stuff inside!!

All that beautiful granite!!!?? I'm crying here!!!! What a complete waste [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  10. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    " Christian says the bank's actions don't make sense to him. When asked what the possible reason would be to tear down a completed home, he says in his opinion there is none. "

simple math and insane code and compliance regulations not to mention the likelyhood of a lawsuit for one reason or another. there's no way the bank would demolish if completion was an economical option. the article or video mentions nothing about how many houses the one million dollars would cover. it's possible those model homes weren't even habitable as far as utilities and infrastructure go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by