New hope for the Scovies.... I hope

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Hopefully things will start to turn around after this totally crappy run of bad luck with my babies. I just got my new Chocolate boy and plan on starting building on a new pen for them. It's frozen here but hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle to halt work.

The lady was kind enough to deliver him from over 2hrs away [​IMG]

He will be penned with Kahlua, my last BlueFawn hen & a new Chocolate hen that i will pick up later so that he doesnt overbreed 'Louie'

Here he is. He's about 7-8months old & I think I am going to name him "Angus", Whatta you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Looks like and Angus to me and I vote you post pics of ALL your ducks on here [​IMG]

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    He is so Purdy! But Sidney is still my favorite [​IMG]

4. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Very cyooooot, such a pretty colour. He kinda does look angussy too!
    xxxxxxxxx

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

He is an especilly big boy too & i think he's just gorgeous. It's taken forever to find *the right one* [​IMG]

I just picked up the new chocolate hen earlier today also..... along with a slatey-blue hen..... I couldnt resist her cuteness & I am SO GLAD I did...she's a total babydoll & loves being held and perching on my shoulder. I think she will really help me get through this mess with Zuri.

ANY BY THE WAY....

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!
    The lady I got my 2 new girls from...ohh, There are NO words for how mad i was. I wanted to take them all but i didnt have more than $30 to spend. I am going to try to help find homes.

She has A MILLION birds...i'm probably only a tiny bit overexageratting here. she has at least 10 acres COVERED, PACKED with birds & other animals. theres no shelter, theyre all hungry & the Muscovies were SHIVERING!!!!! I have never seen my ducks shiver!!

These guys are weightless too, they're SO light it's unreal. She had about 30, 5month olds packed into a 12'x6' kennel with NO FOOD & NO WATER.

She had numerous kennels like this. I didnt see food or water in any of the pens I saw. all the birds had sunken chests & were obviously cold. There were SO many crippled-looking birds too or birds with physical problems.

It just kills me that I take Great care of my birds and i still lose some & theres people like this, with Beautiful birds, sweet birds, that just lock them in kennels and dont feed or take care of them!!! Its so upsetting to me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I WILL be reporting this place, although I am SURE it has been before.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Here's the new girls, aren't they pretty? [​IMG]

She had 3 other slate-looking hens & a dark blue pied hen. Also one other chocolate hen & the rest were Black & White. All still available, shes asking $20/ea or $15 if you buy 2+

The slate blue colored hen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both of the new girls
    [​IMG]

Angus again [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice Scovies! Glad you were able to give a few a nice new home. Sorry you found them in less than desirable living circumstances though. It is upsetting. [​IMG]

8. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    Did you consider quarantining your new birds? It sounds like the original flock was less than 'healthy', it's never a bad idea to pen them separate from your birds for awhile. Even just being 'unthrifty' can increase the chances of things caused by the stress of a move such as shipping fever (Mycoplasmosis) which can infect the entire flock. Good luck with your birds. The nice thing about picking them up in the winter is that they'll consider your place 'home' by the time breeding season comes around and the move won't cause them to go off laying or affect their nesting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by