new hopefuly, better photos

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StrayMagnet, Oct 14, 2011.

1. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    I was outside sitting in the grass this afternoon with the chicks and mom,
    was not able to get to the feed store. my truck is out of comission and hubby was not able to go into work office today where I can ride with him, he was going to drop me at a feed store while he was in the office. but he's not allowed to take me places in the truck like to the store ect.. but IF were Driving past one on the way to the office Not like they'd know I stopped and went in [​IMG].

but if we can see Gender in these pics AWSOME! Then I will know if i have mostly boys or girls

it was fun watching them all Roll in the dirt! super funny. all of them in a big mosh pile rolling over eachother and trying to all occupie the same clump of dirt lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pretty much every single one is in each of them pics lol. [​IMG].

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    it is hard to tell but from those pics they all look like pullets...can you try and catch them and take some pics of them induvidually?

3. StrayMagnet

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    [​IMG] catch one funny!!!! I tryed and mom has come for me with her beek blazin and her wings ready to fight!! lol.

I will try this week, when I get gas in my truck and can get color coded zip ties so I know who I took a pic of and who I didnt LOL!. then we can do it by color code LOL!!!

I know at least 1 or 2 has a lil red nub on the nose. the others dont.

now is it weird for a pullet to mount another? I observed this today.. one tryed to mount the other like they were mating

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:That sounds like a typical Old English Game hen. They make excellent mothers. Her chicks look like a mix with something else however.

The pics arn't close enough to be 100% sure, but I don't see anything that screams roo yet. (I can't see the bumps you are referring to).
    I'd say the ones you described with the bumps are suspicious though.

5. StrayMagnet

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    the bump on the nose looks like the nub on mom's beak but much smaller lol. I'm gonna get some zip ties and try to grab each and color code their legs.. and get pics.. then hopefuly solve our Gender mystery LOL

6. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Can you catch them once they're on the roost for the night? Less stressful for them and lots easier for you!! Good luck [​IMG]

7. StrayMagnet

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    well it's normaly very easy to get them when I go to open the pen door in the morn for them to run around. beacuse they all get excited and start to jump up on the chicken wire. and will sit there. all I have to do is reach in and nab one. lol. as far as where they roose.. for now I have a makshift set up. I enclosed under my porch (seen in the coop section) and I made a lean to. (wrapped a pallet in heavey plastic. and leaned it against the house. so they can get under is.. so rite now everyone snuggles in the area where mom first set up her nest. so I would have to move the lean to.. and that would just scatter them all if i did it at night lol.

I"m going to waite till I get the zip ties. or just nap them each one by one and ID them by color patterns. I'm kinda Afraid if i put the zip ties on them. it can get caught on something and they will get hurt. or i'll check the feed store for actual bands. meant for chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by