New house/area for my Pekin and Muscovy ducklings PICS

jdywntr

Songster
10 Years
Oct 31, 2009
Somerville, AL
I was offered full time at my job so I knew I had to get the ducklings out of the coop (stinky buggers). So, today I built them a house that has a fenced off section within the other birds area, The Pekin are getting HUGE. The Muscovy are a week older but about half the size. I'm hoping this helps them bound a little more. They have been together for 3 weeks but the Muscovy always try to lay next to their siblings on the other side of the partition/fence. LOL

The Pekin are 4 weeks, the Muscovy drakelets are 5 weeks. I can't believe the size difference.

They've been in the coop for 3-4 weeks so they were really enjoying being out today.

I was offered full time at my job so I knew I had to get the ducklings out of the coop (stinky buggers). So, today I built them a house that has a fenced off section within the other birds area, The Pekin are getting HUGE. The Muscovy are a week older but about half the size. I'm hoping this helps them bound a little more. They have been together for 3 weeks but the Muscovy always try to lay next to their siblings on the other side of the partition/fence. LOL

The Pekin are 4 weeks, the Muscovy drakelets are 5 weeks. I can't believe the size difference.

They've been in the coop for 3-4 weeks so they were really enjoying being out today.
Looks good, and very jealous of all that green grass.

Look great! and congrats on that FT! Holy cow pekin grow that quick? i was talking to a little group of them at the feed mill yesterday they were soooooo small. I had no idea they became that big, my 5wk old 'scovies are huge now!

Thanks ML and GQ. I knew they were supossed to grow quickly but its been surprising to me how fast they actually do grow. I'm hoping for at least 3 girls out of the 6. If I'm lucky and end up with 4 or 5, I may keep a pair or trio of Pekin to breed too.

Thanks ML and GQ. I knew they were supossed to grow quickly but its been surprising to me how fast they actually do grow. I'm hoping for at least 3 girls out of the 6. If I'm lucky and end up with 4 or 5, I may keep a pair or trio of Pekin to breed too.

I really had no idea, i see pekin here all the time, i swear it's top duck around these parts but never raised any myself, of coarse my kids are always oogling the babies at the feed mill and they have people who can sex them... hmmm lol i cannot take on another drake! i already have 3 new ones and the pair i have i was about ready to kill yesterday.
smack.gif

They seem so personable but man, more white ducks? talk about colour of mud.
gig.gif
How you finding the personalities.. the wee ones at the feed mill yesterday all came over to me, we were 'talking' yes, crazy... insane. i blame my kids.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom