New house pigeon hen/my nephew named my young house pigeon cock.

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by chinbunny, Nov 27, 2009.

1. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    I won her from eggbid.com. I plan to pair her with my my grizzled colored guy I showed some pictures of a few posts below. Either that or his dad, the blue white flight. so what colors do you guys think she will produce? She's supposed to be show quality. so I hope to get some nice babies from her. [​IMG]

http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1259220430

Also, I may be picking up a pair of rare colored archangels from another eggbid seller. He's got several gold and bronze breasted blacks, blues, and copper heads.

my nephew named my young house pigeon cock after my moms boyfriend bud. As he put it because he has an attitude and bites! So the birds nickname is poppa bud instead of baby. LOL!

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Anything could be hiding under that white [​IMG] It'll be interesting to see what comes out of them!

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Mary(Becky) is so wise for her age!!!!!! She is right the white mask all colors, so the hen could be a blue, red,black,dun,or yellow, dun and yellow are recessive, so unless your male are carring those color you want know if she carry those colors. What color is the grizzle blue or red?

If you put her with the grizzle with her you should get some grizzle ,maybe even a white. Let us know what color you get. then maybe we can let you know what color she is. Remember white is not a color, but a absents of color.

Like I have white peafowl ,that are peach, blackshoulder, purple , but you just cant see the color because the white mask them. Only way I know their color is because I know what their parents were.

Check with the breeder and see what color the parents were if you can.

4. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    The one cock is a blue bar white flight. His son is the grizzle. His momma is a red grizzle. Breeding to the son might get me some interesting colors. can't wait to pair her with with either one. [​IMG]

I can't decide which rare color I want to get with my archangels. Seller has been really nice and answered all my genetics questions. Either way, I am excited to get some from them. Said they would save me whatever I wanted from the auction when I am ready to get them. They are selling and have a ton of birds. I like their gold and broze breasted blues, bronze breasted blacks, and the copper heads. Thinking about getting one of each color.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I would breed her with the grizzle, could get blue and red grizzle, lot depends on the hen, but red can be dom. or rec. will get a nice colors from that mating.

6. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    I was thinking of breeding to him first anyhow. Since he seems to have an attitude lately.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by