new hovabator 1588, need help, please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by what was i thinking, Nov 12, 2008.

1. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i got my new 1588 monday. i got everything all set up. it has been mantaining a temp of 99.3 with 37% humidity since i plugged it in. what should i do about the temp? my room it is in is about 68. i don't want to start messing with it, that is why i bought this one. any help would be great. thanks

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    That sounds about right on the temp. I would be happy with that.

3. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i just wanted to make sure, i thought it was to be 100. close enough?? ok then.

4. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I believe in one with the fan its 99.5 but you can do a search to make sure.

5. what was i thinking

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    ya it does have a fan. the paper says it is pre set for 100. ok i am good to go.

6. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    If you just got it I wouldn't mess with the temp. Your thermometer could be off. So I'd run a few hatches and see how the results turn out before messing with the temp. Good luck!

7. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

sounds fine. Your thermometer could be off a bit too. Use the factory setting the first time and don't mess with it! Good luck! I have had great hatches with my genesis and I have never adjusted it at all. Going on like hatch # 10 in it or so.

Keep us posted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by