New Hovabator worth every penny! Pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RHewitt, Apr 8, 2011.

1. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

After several bad hatches with my LG's I splurged and bought the Havobator Genisis Modle # 1588. It has the a preset automated thermostat and fan. Also has more built water troughs for better humidity control and my hatch has gone great. The proof is in these pictures. These chicks are from shipped eggs from Bargain and CountryPantry with over 80% hatch rate for shipped eggs. Very very please with the results!!! Breeds are Ameracuana Rooster and EE Rooster over EE hens! All kinds a colors!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    AHH cuties!!! [​IMG] Hey, you only said who they came from, but not breeds! [​IMG]

3. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    wow congrats on the awesome hatch and cute chickies!!!!!

4. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

All these are EE. Some have an a
    Ameracuana Rooster over EE hens!

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I must agree. I love my 1588.

6. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

I too LOVE my Hovabator Genesis 1588!!!
    Before buying a 'bator I did a LOT of research, and decided on the Genesis 1588. I hatched with it for a year and then decided to get a 2nd one. Both were purchased from GQF Manufacturing Co in GA.
    I would be a spokes person for them if they needed me, great company to do business with and great 'bator!!!!!
    Chickens make the world a better place and I have more chicks/chickens because of my Genesis 1588. [​IMG]

7. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Agree on the 1588. I had a LG and a GQF 1602, and my hatches were miserable! I have really expensive Seramas, and I couldn't afford the grief these were causing me. I put them away when I bought two 1588's, and I vowed to sit on the eggs myself before I got them back out. My hatch went from 10% to 75%! My first 1588 hatch, and my first generation of silkied gene carriers:
    [​IMG]

8. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for posting! my hubby is interested in getting an incubator.

9. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I wouldn't say bad things about the other two, but I think I have them sold already [​IMG]
    I will have a couple of turners available, though.

10. Alas

Alas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I have a Hovabator with turner and fan for the first 18 days and then they go into lockdown in an LG without the turner. The LG was a last minute purchase because I had to add my goose eggs and couldnt include them in lockdown. No one had the Hovabators in stock. Both seem to be holding temp and humidity fine. Although I did find that the LG needed more fine tuning than the Hovabator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by