1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New husband wife team.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bob Hutchins, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Bob Hutchins

Bob Hutchins New Egg

Jan 31, 2016
    Actually I do all the building, remodeling, adding on, etc. The wife gets the chickens, does the feeding, takes care of their needs, and tells me what she needs. Started with remodeling and moving our potting shed. Then adding a run for them which grew while under construction. Then adding on to the coop roof to cover the chickens from bad weather and sunburn (who knew?). Then the roof needed to cover more of the run and wire over the small remaining area. Now they were about ready to start laying. So three connected nesting boxes built on the outside of the coop with a hinged roof for egg collection and cleaning. Tomorrow I'm remodeling the brooder for the three chick we got to replace the rooster we had to get rid of (zoning). And then I need to add onto the other side of the coop for the chicks to be separate from the others till they are big enough to mingle with the older chickens. I am also getting ready to build a green house to grow herbs and greens for her "girls" to eat. Did I mention that I also need to move plants and separate the yard so the "girls" don't dig or eat all of our collection of daylilies and butterfly garden.

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

LOL, my husband could have written an intro like yours!

Hope you are enjoying the projects and the chickens, thanks for joining us.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Bob - sure sounds like your wife likes to keep you out of trouble on the chicken project for sure [​IMG]

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

I hope once you get all those projects completed, you can sit,relax and enjoy the fun part of raising the flock. [​IMG]

5. RedSky1

RedSky1 Out Of The Brooder

6. RedSky1

RedSky1 Out Of The Brooder

Oh no! I didn't know they like to eat day lillies! I just planted over 200 of them in last 9 months. Do you know if it hurts them?

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Welcome to BYC - your team sounds very much like the team here at our place, lol.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Bob, wish you were a neighbor . Then I could hire you when you have any down time [​IMG]. Guess that isn't likely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by