New in Central, AL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SherrieT205, Feb 5, 2017.

1. SherrieT205

SherrieT205 New Egg

Dec 27, 2016
    Hello! I'm new here (posting, although I have been reading to glean chicken wisdom from you wonderful people for a few months) and living in Central, AL. We recently moved into the country and are excited to start the country life we have dreamed of for so long. First animals to arrive were our 15 baby chicks this past week! We are so thrilled to welcome these adorable fluff balls and I cannot wait to watch them grow. Our plans are just to raise our hens for eggs and use their manure in our gardens. This website has been such a source of knowledge for me for which I am truly grateful!!!

2. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, @SherrieT205 and [​IMG] from KY! Congratulations on your new chicks!

As you've already discovered, there's lots of helpful info. here...and friendly folks in the BYC community. Glad you joined and best wishes for your new rural lifestyle!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Sherrie, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community and that you have found BYC useful! If you haven't done so yet and would like to chat with some local Bama poultry folk, locate the AL thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :cd

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Many of us were lurkers before joining up, me included. Congratulations on your new chicks :clap How very exciting for you and I'm sure you will enjoy them very much. Raiding chicks sure is a rewarding experience and lots of fun too.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under SherrieT205 [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your little ones!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on getting your place in the country.

It's nice to have you here!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Sherrie, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by