New in Florida...

Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Central Florida
lol, started on here a little while ago...and forgot all about this site. oh well.

I live in central Florida. I'm a single mom with 3 kids living with me. (one lives with dad). I have intestinal cancer, and am unable to work, so my friend has started getting me into chickens. When she started with them I thought she was nuts, now...not so nuts.

I have decided that since we live close to each other, I dont want to be in competition with her, so I am on a waiting list for the original Wade Jeane line of BCM's, and am looking into all other Marans (as she doesn't raise these). Am also getting into EE's and Silkies. That's what my brood is going to be.

However, I'm learning from reading on here that chickens are obviously contagious, so I'm sure i'm going to end up with them all over my yard. lol.

Was considering raising cornish hens. does anyone have experience with them? Heard they have heart attacks easy? Are they easy to hatch out? Haven't investigated them yet...but can tell you all about BCM genetics lol.

A big Texas size
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Welcome from Tampa, FL! And you are right, you will have chickens EVERYWHERE!
big_smile.png
LOL

May I ask you why the interest in cornish hens? The cornish breeds, and cornish crosses are generally raised for meat birds. Are you just looking for a "small" chicken? Some people hear cornish and think 'small'. If so, you should just find a bantam of any breed you really like. Cornish also come in regular & bantam sizes. Best of luck.

welcome-byc.gif
From Ocala! Where are you located? I'm getting 24 EE eggs to hatch out tomorrow so in 22 days i should have some chicks for sale cheap if your intrested. I also have a little (looks like its gonna be a pullet) white silkie for sale.

Welcome from Micanopy! I started with 8 pullets because my daughter wanted to have chickens 7 years ago - now I have 46 (including one of the original hens)! And yes, in the afternoons, I now have chickens running all over the yard!

Back
Top Bottom