new in Florida

FlaFarm

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Hello all,
I am planning on getting chickens in the spring once we have our place settled a bit. We have a number of project, both livestock related and not, that need to get done. Anyway, I am learning alot from all of you and I'll be posting questions. Thanks for your willingness to share your knowlege!
Michelle

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
'Get thee to a Chicken Swap" as quickly as possible! You will meet interesting people, some from BYC I'd bet, and fall in love with the birds for sale. It's a great way to decide what breeds you want to have, and find out about them directly from the breeder. That's how I got hooked.....er, I meant to say 'STARTED' Heh, heh!

Where are you located? If you're near Jacksonville, we have an awesome swap the last Sunday of each month at Bent Creek Feed Store. PM me for more details if you're interested.

Good luck to you and Welcome Aboard

welcome-byc.gif
from South FL!

Here in FL it is easier to start chickens in the winter since it is cool enough to be outside with them and to fix up the coop etc.

Where in FL are you? based on your region I can give you advice on the coop and raising them. FL coops don't need to be as bigger since our chickens are rarely in them, but you do need more shade them in the rest of the country and you do need to have a place that they can go to if it floods.

Greetings from Tucson, AZ and
welcome-byc.gif
It's great that you're learning as much as you can prior to getting your birds. You've certainly come to the right place to have all your chicken questions answered.

Back
Top Bottom