New in Gainesville, Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by K9Flier, Apr 14, 2012.

1. K9Flier

K9Flier Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    I had inherited 25 chickens years ago but haven't had any for over 20 years until last Saturday when I brought home 6 Rhode Island Red female chicks from TSC. Right now they are living in a box Inside a dog crate but today I will move the box into a 4'x4' dog pen as the box is getting too small. They grow so fast!

I'm an RN and have 7 dogs and a koi pond. The henhouse is being built and hopefully will be ready by the time the girls are ready for it.

I've been enjoying all the pictures so far.

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on getting back into chickens. :thumbsup

3. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and Welcome from Sugarloaf Mountain, Clermont, Florida. Lots of chicken people and breeders up by you, Ocala/ Gainsville area. Come on over and join the Florida thread it is in the Where am I, Where are you section under(FLORIDA.....ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP....). Come and join the fun in the sun.....

Maye

7. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. K9Flier

K9Flier Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Thank you all for the welcome.

I spent the early part of the afternoon transferring the chicks to their new abode, from which they promptly escaped through the bars. So off I went to TSC to get some chicken wire to put around the pen. I had already put in a floor to keep my tile clean and the shavings so it took me forever to get the chicken wire around the pen because it kept getting hung up. Finally got done and the chicks were in seventh heaven. It was so cute seeing them scratching around in the shavings.

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida, to another Floridian!! [​IMG] Its great to have you here with us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by