New - in MD (HoCo)

doxallo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
HoCo, MD
Hi all - I'm Janice and I'm brand spankin' newbie here! I live in MD (HoCo) and have been contemplating 'backyard chickens' for a while now. I am in the process of moving and am taking this opportunity to go for it! So I'm reading and researching and hope to have a coop built by next spring. I figured I'd move in sans chickens lest I freak out my neighbors. I'll be moving later this month.

So I wanted to say hello and hope some other MDers find me!!! I'd love to chat, visit, see your chickens, coop, etc if anyone is open to that please let me know!

Oh, should say that I'm just interested in a few egg layers for now - not up for breeding or anything just yet!
smile.png

Thanks in advance!
JANICE

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from the Eastern Shore! You are welcome to come and visit my coop and flock any time you venture over to the beach.

Last edited:
YAY!! Thanks! I may take you up on that. We travel that way several times a year! Was supposed to be heading to OC end of this month, but my first grandchild is schedule to make his grand entrance into the world, so I'm sticking close to home, but definitely in August or September. Can I PM you?

welcome-byc.gif
from Connecticut!

I know you didn't ask for any advice, but...if you haven't already checked your new town's municipal code and zoning ordinances, you might want to look into it before jumping into chickens. We actually called the town hall before ordering our chickens and coop and got WRONG advice from the town clerk. So, we're outlaws, but we're ok with that. As long as we have no roosters, everyone is happy.
smile.png

It's also generally a good idea to run the plan past your new neighbors. People like to feel as though their opinions matter (even if they don't!) and I've found this to be especially true in the realm of chicken-keeping neighbors.

I hope it works out just the way you planned as chicken-keeping really is a wonderful hobby. Best wishes to you in your move!

Back
Top Bottom