new in nepa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wudbuch, Jun 25, 2010.

1. wudbuch

wudbuch New Egg

Jun 25, 2010
    In northeast pa with 7 hens and 1 rooster they are young just waitin til they lay the first egg kids think they are great
  2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Welcome! It is a lot of fun! You will enjoy the chickens and BYC!
  3. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    [​IMG] Aloha from Hawaii!!
  4. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

That first egg is so exciting. Be sure the nest boxes are ready, or, like our little BO, she'll lay it in the dirt! Best of luck with your flock and [​IMG]!
  5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG], you will love your chicks, I know I do. Great site here, a lot of information to be learned. I started out small also, I started with 5 now I have shhhh don't tell anybody a lot. 28 hens 1 roo, 18 new born banty's, 9 in the brooder, 13 in the grow out pen and 7 ducks. OMG that is a lot. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That darn chicken math gets me everytime. LOL
  7. Chickaholic

Chickaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    [​IMG] from Washington!! The first egg is the best!! Especially if you have been waitin a LOOOOONG time for it and one of the kiddos runs in that house saying "looooook mommaaaaaaaaay, an eeeeeeeeeeegg!!!!!!" What a totally, worth the wait reaction and feeling!!
  8. CPW Chicks

CPW Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2010
    Beaumont, PA
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. I have only had them for six months and it has been a fabulous experience for me and my kids. You will love it all and this site will be a great help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by